WORDS with WINGS. (This is a two-part assignment)
This assignment requires you to become familiar with the work of a poet and a visual artist. The first paper provides an introduction and an opportunity to demonstrate your facility with art expression and ideas about the African Continuum. The second paper requires additional research and understanding of either the visual artist’s or the poet’s process.
Words with Wings pairs a poet and a visual artist together to comment on some aspect of African American experience and culture. This assignment is in two parts. You will create two short papers based on one of these pairings. You may choose the pairing of your choice from the text. YOU MAY NOT SELECT ANY PAIRINGS WITH LANGSTON HUGHES AS THE POET.
The complete assignment total is 30 points.
Research and Report: Write an introduction to the two works. Identify which pairing you will discuss.
For each work :
· Provide brief background information on the visual artist and the poet (beyond what is in the text).
· Analyze each work in terms of subject, content and form.
· Discuss the works connection to the African American experience/history. Are there events or circumstances of the time in which it was created that inform the works?
· Identify and describe an element of the African Continuum in each work.
· Provide a reason why you think these works have been paired together.
· In your conclusion react to each work. You may feel one is more powerful and expressive than the other. You may find both equally meaningful.
Be sure to cite all sources. Length of type written double-spaced essay is 2.5 to 3 pages.
Due 10/24/19 [10 points]
Synthesize and Reflect: This assignment asks you to make a more specific investigation of another poem or another visual work by either the poet or the visual artist. The new work must be selected from a source outside of the Words with Wings text. Using a work from the text will result in a loss of 10 points.
Discuss the new work :
· Discuss the new works connection to the African American experience/history. What circumstances or ideas about the African American condition is the artist responding to?
· Identify and describe a connection to the African Continuum in the new work.
· What are the similarities and differences in the two works?
· Comparing the two works by the same artist, communicate the artist’s “message” or “viewpoint”. Identify elements in the work that support your ideas.
In the conclusion of this paper discuss how this new work informs or supports your ideas the from part I. How do the three works help identify and describe the human experience?
Be sure to cite all sources in a bibliography page. Submit the complete essay with Assignment One. Use clear and organized language. [15 points]
Create a visual presentation of the Reflection that includes all three works (the original pairing and your new selection).
Mount the Reflection in a standard 8.5 x 11 file folder. Treat the interior of the folder as your canvas.
Think of the works as a tripyich. Make creative decisions that will help others understand your views. Consider changing the visual relationship of the works, or adding a border.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triptych https://www.google.com/search?q=Triptych, images
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more