Winter Storm In Texas Discussion
Please follow these instructions. Write your responses on a Microsoft Word document. You don’t need to make this a formal essay with footnotes, or endnotes or a title page.
You can make this an informal essay and simply write your answers to these questions in paragraph form providing an informal citation (In the Texas Tribune article of 22 February 21 on “How Texas failed repeatedly to protect its power grid from extreme weather”. . .According to Rice history professor Julie Cohn discussing Texas’ unique single state power grid”). Try to use your 1,300-word count wisely. You must write at least a minimum of 1,300 words in your essay. You may go beyond but not under 1,300 words. Please put the word count of your essay at the end of your paper. (If you use MS Word as your word processor, the word count can be found at the bottom of the Word screen to the right of the page numbers.)
Submit your final paper by clicking on the SUBMIT box at the top of the assignment page
In writing your paper, explain your responses. You don’t need any other articles or research. Limit yourself to the seven articles I’ve provided. Use all of these articles at least once in your essay. Use your best grammar, syntax, spelling sentence structure, and language usage. If you quote an article, make sure you use quotation marks and simply reference your source. You don’t have to use any sources not stated here in the instructions.
I know how much stress you are under. Do not have drama about this. Read the sources and work your way through it a little at a time. We have had a terrible year. We are going to get through this.
Some of you may not have been aware that there is a paper assignment but it was in your syllabus.
You’re going to do fine on this assignment. Don’t stress it. I am on your side.
Let me know if you have questions.
Address the following questions thoroughly using the sources provided:
· Detail some of happened during the unexpected and deadly Texas winter storm that struck Texas, including Houston and South Texas costing the state millions of dollars in damage and, according to some estimates, from the low 100s to up to 200 deaths of people from the single-digit freezing temperatures and massive state-wide power outages in homes throughout Texas.
· How long did the winter storm last in Texas? How did many of the people die and how did they die as a result of the winter storm in Texas?
· Describe the unique nature of the Texas power grid, its benefits and its disadvantages as demonstrated in the February Texas is the only state in the union that has its own power grid. All the other states are part of regional power grids which share power with fellow member states when a power grid failure occurs in another state or states. Discuss why it failed and the damage that failure caused in Texas.
· What is being done by the government of Texas to prevent this kind of disaster from ever happening again?
· Briefly describe how the storm and the power outages affected you and your family.
· Please type the word count of your paper at the end of your paper.
· BE SURE TO TYPE THE WORD COUNT (MINIMUM OF 1,300 WORDS) AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR ESSAY! (5-POINT PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO DO SO!)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more