Risk Management In Healthcare Setting
Risk management uses certain documents to track incidents. It will help you to become familiar with the kind of information that goes into these documents. This week, you will create and fill in a quality improvement chart for the high-risk area emergency room.
1. Design a chart to show the indicators, their measurements, and the expected and actual performance. Use the template to design your chart. Further, use 5 out of the 10 standards listed. Use the template below.
2. Select one of the fictional incidents you created last week ( the paper is attached). Describe the incident under Status.
3. For this incident, complete the Compliance section using fictitious data. The tracking of the indicators should correspond to the incident. That is, some failure of compliance may have led to the incident.
4. Develop a plan of correction to address the incident. Write a brief description under Plan of Correction
Use the matrix below to design your quality improvement chart. Show all the indicators you selected in the chart.
Quality Improvement Activity Schedule
Severity of Risk
Level of Performance / Threshold
Compliance in Percent
Plan of Correction
Under standards, you may include areas such as the following:
IC: Surveillance, Prevention, and Control of Infection HR: Management of Human Resources
EC: Management of the Environment of Care IM: Management of Information
MM: Medication Management LD: Leadership
NPSG: National Patient Safety Goals PI: Improving Organizational Performance
PC: Provision of Care, Treatment, and Services RI: Ethics, Rights, and Responsibilities
Severity of risk may be designated as follows:
H: High risk M/H: Medium/high risk M: Medium risk L: Low risk
Compliance (in percent) may be entered on a monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, or annual schedule. The matrix here shows quarterly compliance schedule. Adjust it as necessary.
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
· Your assignment should be addressed in a 2- to 3-page document.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more