Regulatory Agencies And Discussion Quality
Write a 3-5 page paper in which you analyze why regulatory agencies began monitoring quality in health care, explain how regulatory agencies have impacted quality of care, and provide an evaluation of quality.
Early attempts at quality efforts were limited to the resources, knowledge, and environment in which health care services and treatment were rendered. As medical education and research advanced so did the knowledge of and focus on quality improvement efforts. Basic functions including handwashing and sterile environments were two of the many simple advancements resulting in dramatic improvements in outcomes and overall quality.
Regulatory agencies have directly impacted health care organizations’ focus on, and attention to, quality improvement. Founded in 1951, The Joint Commission offers accreditation to various health care organizations who demonstrate compliance with established regulatory standards. Combined with various government agencies, initiatives have been implemented that require health care organizations to report on quality measures, thereby making their quality performance transparent throughout the industry.
As a leader in the health care industry, understanding historical perspectives of quality, regulatory oversight, and medical malpractice will allow you to effectively lead your organization to meet or exceed its strategic goals related to improved outcomes, increased reimbursements, and reduced cost.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
· Competency 2: Explain the development of health regulation and the evolution of medical malpractice.
. Explain the evolution of medical malpractice.
. Analyze the development of health regulation and regulatory agencies.
. Analyze how regulatory agencies have impacted the quality of care.
. Evaluate ways in which quality has improved or not improved since the 1800s.
· Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others.
. Produce writing that conveys understanding of the topic, its context, and its relevance.
. Use academic writing conventions such as APA formatting and citation style, or others as required.
. Produce writing that includes minimal grammar, usage, and mechanical errors, including spelling.
For this assessment, you will write a 3–5 page paper in which you:
· Explain the evolution of medical malpractice.
· Analyze why regulatory agencies began monitoring quality in health care.
· Explain how organizations like the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), the Joint Commission, and other regulatory agencies have impacted quality of care.
· Explain what is meant by “deemed status.”
· Describe how current attempts at quality compare to efforts on quality in the 1800s.
· Evaluate ways in which quality has improved or not improved since the 1800s.
Organize your paper using the following headings (you are required to use these headings):
· Title Page.
. Preview the main themes of your paper.
· Historical Review of Quality of Care.
. Describe how current attempts at quality compare to efforts on quality in the 1800s.
. Analyze why regulatory agencies began monitoring quality in health care.
. Describe the history of medical malpractice, when it peaked, why it peaked, and what has been done to address medical malpractice.
. The practice of defensive medicine
. Discuss initiatives taken by health care organizations to reduce and/or mitigate risks
· Regulatory Agencies.
· Explain what is meant by “deemed status.”
· Briefly describe the purpose and goals of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
· Briefly describe the purpose and goals of The Joint Commission.
· Explain how organizations like the AHRQ, The Joint Commission, and other regulatory agencies have impacted quality of care.
· Improving Quality of Care by Understanding History.
· Summarize the main themes of your paper.
· Your paper will be a minimum of 3–5 double-spaced pages in length, not including title and reference pages.
· Font: Times New Roman 12-point.
· Cite at least four references.
· Format your paper according to current APA style guidelines.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more