Prewriting Illustration Discussion Assignment
our project must be submitted as a Word document (.docx, .doc)*. Your project will be individually graded by your instructor and therefore may take up to five to seven days to grade.
Be sure that each of your files contains the following information:
· Your name
· Your student ID number
· The exam number
· Your email address
To submit your graded project, follow these steps:
· Log in to your student portal.
· Click on Take Exam next to the lesson you’re working on.
· Find the exam number for your project at the top of the Project Upload page.
· Follow the instructions provided to complete your exam.
Be sure to keep a backup copy of any files you submit to the school!
For this assignment, you’ll prepare a 1,600- to 1,800-word illustration essay based on your graphic organizer; do not switch topics. You may not submit this essay until you’ve received your grade and instructor feedback on your prewriting exam.
While you’re waiting for your prewriting to be evaluated, you should
· Review the reading assignments for Lesson 5
· Study the sample illustration essays and the guided writing assignment in Chapter 13 of your textbook.
· Prepare a rough draft of your illustration essay so you’re ready to revise when you receive feedback on your prewriting.
Use the topic and graphic organizer you completed for your prewriting assignment; do not switch topics. You’ll develop your essay from your graphic organizer. Your topic should be one of the following:
· A generalization about effective or ineffective parenting
· A generalization about your current or future career
· A generalization about your age group, Baby Boomers, Generation X, Millennials, and so on
You may write in first-person or third-person point of view. You are writing for an audience unfamiliar with your topic, so your goal is to use examples and language your readers are familiar with and can relate to.
Use the guided writing assignment you began with your prewriting. Steps 7 to 9 will help you build on your outline or graphic organizer to draft and revise your essay.
You may find that you need to do more research; if you include more sources or use different sources in your essay, remember to use the correct parenthetical citation and add them to your list of references. Refer to Chapter 23 in your text for APA format instructions.
Format your prewriting and essay exams according to the following instructions. Refer to the sample APA-style essay in your text (p. 639).
1. Start with a title page that includes your
· Student ID
· Email address
2. Use the header function to insert your page number in the top right margin of your document.
· You do not need to include your essay title in the header.
3. Begin your document on page 2 after the title page.
· Start page 2 with your title
· Do not include abstracts in your essays.
· Use transitional words, phrases, and sentences (p. 149) to guide your reader through your essay.
· Do not use headings in your essay.
4. Include your references list on the last page of your document.
· Do not submit it separately.
Thesis: Audience, Purpose, and Topic
The writer provides a clear thesis statement that addresses the purpose of the essay.
How insightfully and convincingly does the writer apply the appropriate development methods to explore the thesis through assertions, evidence, and analytic explanation?
There is a clear introduction with a thesis, body, and conclusion. The writer uses topic sentences to organize body paragraphs and transitions appropriately to guide the reader from point to point. The conclusion reinforces the thesis statement and provides a satisfactory ending to the essay.
Incorporation of Source Material
How logically and effectively are paraphrases, summaries, and direct quotations from varied, relevant, and reliable sources integrated with the writer’s style for purpose and audience?
Style and Voice
The writer interacts with the assigned audience using an appropriate, consistent point of view and tone. The writer offered adequate evidence from his or her own experience to effectively engage readers’ interest and address the purpose of the essay. The conclusion reinforces the thesis statement and provides a satisfactory ending to the essay.
APA Citation and Documentation
Did the writer accurately and correctly document the required number of sources following APA citation style both in-text and on the references list?
The writer uses correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure. The writer makes correct word choices, defines unfamiliar terms, and conveys a clear message. The writer has edited and proofread the essay.
Format and Length
The writer met the required length (1,600 to 1,800 words), used the assigned font and margins and included the required header information correctly.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more