Identify a problem at work or at a company you have worked at then follow the steps on Pg 137 in your text to provide alternative solutions to the problem using table 3.1 Model of a Problem-Solving
Outline the problem but prior to that give a background description of the company and how it is organized. You are now the CEO and have to solve the problem and make the decision on the course of action.
1 Define the Problem
1) Differentiate fact from opinion
2) Specify underlying Causes
3) Tap everyone involved for information
4) Sate the problem explicitlly
5) Identify What standard is violated
6) Determine whose problem it is
7) Avoid stating the problem as a disguised solution
2 Generate alternative Solutions
1) Postpone evaluating alternatives
2) Be sure all involved individuals generate alternatives
3) Sprecify alternatives thare are constistent with goals. (What are the company goals)
4) Specify both short term and long term alternatives
5) Build on others ideas
6) Specify Alternatives that solve the problem
3. Evaluate and select an alternative
1) Evaluate relative to an optional standard
2) Evaluate relative to goals
3) Evaluate main effects and side effects
4) State the selected alternative explicitly
4) Implement and followup on the solution
1) Implrement at the proper time and the right sequence
2) Provide opportunities for feedback
3) Engender acceptance of those who are affected.
4) Establish and ongoing monitoring system.
5) Evaluate the results of your problem solution.
(Developing Management Skills, 2020 10th Edition Pearson.com Whetten, Cameron)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more