HURL 102: White as Right (170 pts)
Directions: Students are required to individually keep a weekly (week 2 through week 14) of everyday instances of racism in your environment that you notice communicates the messages of the maintenance of white supremacy, white dominance, and white privilege. (Examples: interpersonal racism instances, seeing advertisements geared towards whites only)
Make sure that you include pictures of the instances (when possible), and/or description and to compete all of the columns for each week and for each instance.
This completed assignment is due Week 16, Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 11:59 pm, which will include a 3-page written reflection.
Name: (Make sure to delete this and add your name to the document)
WEEK Instance Logistics
(date, time, location, etc…)
~2pts each Instance Description or picture
~2pts each How does this instance perpetuate oppressive relations?
~5pts each Ties/Connections to course readings, topics, etc. …
EXAMPLE 9/26. Saint Paul, W 7thNeighborhood. Noon. A neighbor put up a “blue lives matter” flag.
Blue lives matter flags perpetuate white supremacy by silencing the voices of the POC community. They try to reduce the experiences of POC by saying that yeah, they matter, but so do police. It diminishes the value of their voices.
In The Stories They Tell, they describe that media plays a huge role in diminishing Black suffering and denying Black people’s right to exist. The Blue Lives Matter movement does the same thing. It glosses over violence toward POC and turns the story around so that their voices cannot be heard.
Reflection (50 pts)
After you have completed the Observations of Oppressions entries, write a three-page reflection that discusses the following information:
– What are you overall thoughts/opinions of this assignment? (By this question I am looking forward to reading your thoughts on the information that you can gain from completing the assignment and the value of what you can learn from it, not if you liked the assignment or not). (20pts)
– Was there anything that you noticed in your entrees that surprised you or that you want to discuss/reflect upon? (10pts)
– Based on this assignment, do you believe that racism and oppression is still prevalent in our society? Are we (society) moving more towards an anti-racism/anti-oppression nation? (10 pts)
– Make at least two connections to topics, ideologies, etc. discussed in the course. (10 pts)
– Feel free to add any other information that you want to discuss that is not mentioned above.
The entrees and the 3-page written reflection is due Week 16, Wednesday, April 28, 2020 at 11:59 pm
1. Format: Make sure to write you reflection in narrative form (an essay) and to follow the writing guideline as listed in the course syllabus. 12pt font, double spaced, Times New Roman or Calibri. (5 pts)
2. Length: Your reflection must be a minimum of 3 full pages and maximum of 4 full pages. (10 pts).
**You can include your reflection on the same document as your entrees so that you only upload one full document on D2L, just start it on a new page**
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more