HA415M5 Health Care Policy Issues
This Competency Assessment (CA) assesses your level of performance on the specific outcome(s) that are the focus of this course. The CA requires you to demonstrate your knowledge, understanding, and proficiency of the outcome(s). Be sure to use the other activities in this course prior to attempting the CA. You can attempt the CA an unlimited number of times within the term. However, the CA must be completed successfully by the end of the term to earn credit.
Be sure to review the Competency Assessment Checklist Rubric in order to understand the criteria on which you will be evaluated.
Instructors will provide feedback on the CA. If you expect to receive feedback, revise, and resubmit this CA near the end of the term, you will need to make your submission no later than 5 days before the end of the term.
Please refer to your syllabus for additional Competency Assessment requirements.
Expand All Collapse All0 %0 of 2 topics completeShow data table for This chart displays the number of completed topics versus the total number of topics within module Competency Assessment..
List of Topics and Sub-Modules for Competency Assessment
· Assessment This Competency Assessment assesses the following outcome(s):
· HA415-5: Examine policy issues that surround public and private healthcare. Imagine that you are a hospital administrator speaking to a stakeholder group of people in your community including local policymakers, leaders, and concerned citizens about market failures and the role of government and address complex healthcare policies so they will understand how healthcare policy is created and helps them. You wish to address how your hospital would like to help the community address the opioid crisis affecting the community and region and explain how the community could help. Government intervention is based on the special interest or public interest theories. The public interest theory focuses on efficiency in the market and the special interest theory levels the playing field in the legislative marketplace.
· Instructions In your speech to stakeholders in the community you provide a policy analysis and provide informed advice that relates to a public policy decision and include a recommended course of action/inaction and should be framed by the client’s powers and values. In your speech to stakeholders you explain some examples of the aspects of the problem that a policy analyst may consider. In your speech to stakeholders you provide 3–5 options for a community to consider. You also explain some potential criteria for evaluating your policy options. The paper should be written in APA format, include at least four (4) references, and should be 3-4 pages in length, not including the title page and reference page.
· Requirements Writer explains that a policy analysis is an analysis that provides informed advice to a client that relates to a public policy decision and includes a recommended course of action/inaction and is framed by the client’s powers and values. Writer explains some examples of the aspects of a problem that a policy analyst may consider. Writer explain the policy analysis should provide 3–5 options for a client to consider. Writer explains some potential criteria for evaluating your policy options.
· Minimum Submission Requirements
· This Assessment should be a Microsoft Word (3-4 pages) document, in addition to the title and reference pages.
· Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
· Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
· Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
· Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
· A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
· Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
· Your submission should:
· include a cover sheet;
· be double-spaced;
· be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font;
· include correct citations
· be written in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors; and
· include correct references at the bottom of the last page.
· If work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned without being scored.
· Plagiarism Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University Honor Code, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more