Explain how our flag is both an example of material and non-material culture
1. Explain how our flag is both an example of material and non-material culture, using examples from the list you created.
2. What might our flag mean to someone from another country? Can you think of any negative associations someone might have with the U.S. flag. That is, how might it be a negative symbol to others?
For this discussion, you will watch a documentary about Genie, a feral child, and answer questions about her socialization.
Watch at least the first 10 minutes of the documentary “Genie: Secret of the Wild Child” (http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/genie-secret-wild-child/) and respond to the questions below. After posting your answers please respond to the posts of three classmates.
1. It is unethical to do a social depravation experiment on a human being. What can a “wild child” like Genie teach us about socialization and human development? (Be sure to elaborate, it is not enough to simply say that she was not socialized.)
2. What do such feral children reveal to us about the importance of nurture when considering the age-old debate of nature vs. nurture? For example, all of us would probably take for granted that humans and small mammals play as an important part of their natural learning process. What happened when the beach ball rolled toward Genie’s feet?
3. Although Genie was obviously biologically a human being, what qualities did she lack than make us really human?
4. None of question that we have a self. Symbolic Interactionists argue, to the contrary, that Genie did not have a “social self.” Use Mead’s theory of childhood development–including the specific concepts–to explain how and why the social self develops. Give specific examples you can derive from the film clip.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more