Public policy is not an area that is typically associated with human factors research, but to a large extent the psychology of the general public has historically played a major role in defining the use of emerging technologies. This is certainly the case in UAS as public perception of safety, security, and privacy issues are driving many rules and regulations that govern the use of UAS technology. These are all legitimate areas of concern that must be taken seriously by officials charged with developing public policy, but there are also many misconceptions professed about UAS operations that lead to conflicting guidance between government agencies.
With this in mind, use the research and analysis you have done in this module on the history, development, and functionality of UAS, and the human factors issues related to their operations to provide a response to the following scenario:
After many hours of careful study, you have just completed the requirements to receive your FAA Remote Pilot Certification. Now that you are officially allowed to operate your small UAS in a commercial capacity, you set up a small business catering to real estate agents that utilize your services to offer aerial video and photography to their clients. While performing your first job, a police officer drives up and orders you to cease and desist from flying your “drone.” The officer cites a local ordinance prohibiting the operation of any UAS within the city limits and proceeds to issue you a citation for a $1,000 fine and a court summons to face misdemeanor charges for your actions.
Consider these questions as you think about the scenario above and address these items in your submission:
1. What privileges does a Remote Pilot Certification afford an operator under 14 C.F.R. Part 107?
2. Do municipalities have the authority to pass and enforce ordinances regulating UAS use in airspace?
· Could they apply the same restrictions to manned aircraft?
3. How has public perception of UAS operations affected the implementation of policies and regulations at the local, state, and federal levels?
· How does federal preemption apply?
4. Would you accept the penalty as legitimate or dispute it in court?
· Why or why not?
5. What ADM issues can you identify that lead to, or could have prevented the events in this scenario?
· Provide a short paper submission of at least 500 words total.
· Use reference citations in APA format.
· Add a Reference section to the end of the paper.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more