Business Strategy And Academic Analysis
Business Strategy – Academic Analysis
Length: 3,000 words (10% allowable either way, does not include title page, table of contents, appendix and references)
· Use a minimum of 15 references including chapter content, academic journals, papers, books sourced from the university library or other academic resources.
· UseAPA7th edition or Chicago Author-Date Use either Times New Roman (12 pt), Arial (11 pt), Calibri (11 pt)
· Set page margins to 2.54cm Double-space text including headings
· Include page number on every page
On completion of this subject, students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse strategic concepts and their role in business performance.
2. Evaluate strategic frameworks to inform business decision making.
3. Appraise and recommend various strategies to achieve business goals and create a competitive advantage.
4. Identify, evaluate and respond to risk on strategic projects.
5. Hypothesise the variation of strategic change and apply relevant approaches to change management.
Prepare a business case study (3,000 words) based on an organisation’s core capabilities and strategic approach.
For this assignment, research and write a business case study on how an organisation of your choice can use core capabilities in its broad business strategy.
You should select a business or organisation that has precise identifiable core capabilities and easily identifiable activities and processes that are essential to driving business strategy from different perspectives such as commercial, customer, market, societal, etc. You may select your current workplace or an organisation that has some significance to you. If you are not currently associated with a workplace or organisation, you may select an organisation you are interested in or one that has been reported recently in the media.
Business Case Study
The case study may be structured however you think will best present your analysis. However, the following outline provides a framework on how to approach this assignment and what elements should be included.
1. Introduction Paragraph
a) A hook is the first sentence that sets the tone for your report. The hook should give the reader a sense of the topic you are writing about and why it is interesting.
b) Provide a brief introduction regarding the core competencies you will explore in your analysis.
c) Formulate a thesis statement. This is one or two sentences that summarise the main idea of your analysis.
2. Description of the organisation’s scope and context
a) Provide a brief description of your selected business or organisation sector, industry, activities, key products and services and customers.
3. Description of the key core capabilities evident within the organisation
a) Describe how the core capabilities are being used, developed, maintained and link how these capabilities connect to the wider business strategy.
b) Connect any theories, models, or concepts used in the chapters or readings to support your descriptions.
4. Evaluation of the strategic business approach
a) Explain how the strategic business approach drives the organisation’s core capabilities from a commercial, customer, market, societal, etc., perspective.
b) Evaluate and discuss what is working and what is not working.
c) State why the strategic processes and activities are or are not working well. Use any theories, models, or concepts discussed in the chapters or the readings to support your opinions.
5. Proposed solution and changes
a) Propose several realistic solutions or changes that are needed to improve the strategic business approach.
b) Explain why you have selected these solutions or changes. Use any theories, models, or concepts discussed in your readings to support your recommendation.
6. Conclusion Paragraph
a) Briefly summarise the points you have made
b) Restate your thesis statement.
Your assignment may be structured in any what that best presents your research and analysis. However, the following suggested structure can be used as a guide.
1. Cover or Title Page
2. Introduction Paragraph
3. Description of the organisation’s scope and context
4. Description of the key core capabilities evident within the organisation
5. Evaluation of the strategic business approach
a) The strategic business approach
b) What is working and what is not working
c) Why the strategic processes and activities are or are not working well.
6. Proposed solution and changes
d) Solution or change
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more