Business MCQs Test Bank Assignment
1. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of strategic management that makes it different from other types of management?
A. It is interdisciplinary.
B. It has an external focus.
C. It has an internal focus.
D. It concerns the present direction of the organization.
2. The basic activities of strategic management include:
A. offense, defense, and control.
B. situation analysis, strategy formulation, strategy implementation, and strategy evaluation.
C. development, control, and management.
D. ethics, management, and practice.
3. An organization’s strategies should be designed so that they incorporate:
A. opportunities and threats.
B. resources and capabilities.
C. only traditional values of past organizations.
D. opportunities, threats, resources, and capabilities.
4. Situation analysis involves the process of:
A. designing and choosing appropriate organizational strategies.
B. analyzing the current environment of the organization.
C. analyzing the external environment only.
D. evaluating the internal aspects of the organization.
5. Situation analysis allows the organization to examine:
A. external factors only.
B. internal factors only.
C. the organization’s top management only.
D. both external and internal factors.
6. Which of the following is an issue considered in developing corporate strategies?
A. What business(es) are we in?
B. What direction are we going?
C. What resources do we have to implement our strategies?
D. What businesses are we in and what to do with those businesses?
7. Which of the following is NOT a major element of the strategic management process?
A. Formulating strategy
B. Implementing strategy
C. Evaluating strategy
D. Assigning administrative tasks
8. Which of the following statements is NOT true regarding corporate strategies?
A. They are concerned with the broad and more long-term issues of the organization.
B. They are concerned with how the organization is going to compete in a specific business or industry.
C. They are concerned with the direction the organization is headed.
D. They are concerned with the business(es) that the organization is in and the businesses they want to be in.
9. An example of a corporate strategy would involve the decision to:
A. increase the price of the Hummer.
B. spin Taco Bell off from Pepsi.
C. combine marketing functions in the Northeast and the Southeast.
D. increase the advertising budget for Coca-Cola.
10. As part of its training, most military academies teach the:
A. Nine Principles of War.
B. Seven Principles of Success.
C. Five Keys to Effectiveness.
D. Three Principles to Effective Leadership.
11. The academic discipline primarily responsible for the development of strategic management is:
12. In the development of strategic management as a discipline, Alfred Chandler wrote the book:
A. Corporate Strategy.
B. Business Policy: Text and Cases.
C. The Pursuit of Excellence.
D. Strategy and Structure.
13. The board of directors in an organization:
A. plays a significant role in corporate governance.
B. is responsible for the implementation of the organization’s operating activities.
C. serves in the role of executive management.
D. is not an important part of the organization’s strategic development.
14. All of the following roles are representative of effective strategic leadership EXCEPT:
A. establishing appropriately balanced controls.
B. checking inventory management.
C. exploiting and maintaining core competencies.
D. emphasizing ethical decisions and practices.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more