BUS5111 Financial Management Discussing
Group Assignment – BUS 5111 – AY2020-T4 – Units 6-8
For this group activity, you and your group will have three weeks to complete a presentation based on the following case study and research you will conduct on the regulatory rules applying to insider trading .
Although you and your team may choose any presentation application or software, Microsoft PowerPoint is suggested for this activity.
· Over the next 3 weeks we are to create a powerpoint presentation on:
· Regulatory rules applying to insider trading
Research and Scenario
First, visit the following websites on insider trading:
· Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) website regarding insider trading.
· SEC enforcement actions (insider trading cases)
These websites will help you become familiar with the general basics of the regulatory rules applying to insider trading. You are not expected to become an expert on this topic.
Apply these rules to the facts of this very brief case:
Someone you know has knowledge of an i mpending merger between two companies. The combination of the two firms will certainly change the market dynamics of the industry. Moreover, owners of stock in both companies will greatly benefit once the news of the merger is publicly announced.
· Brief yourself on the rules and regulations of insider trading by following the links above
· Apply such rules to the case study above
Your presentation must consist of 6 to 7 slides that are clear, legible and address the following:
1. Discuss the general basics of the regulatory rules applying to insider trading and its implications and address the following:
a. Legal implications – 2 persons
b. Ethical implications – 1 person
c. Economic-social implications – 2 persons
2. You must include a title slide in addition to the six to seven slides. The title page must include:
a. The title of the project
b. The names of the group members
c. The area where the team member provided initiative (contributed to the project).
3. Each slide will include a bulleted list highlighting important aspects of your research.
4. Details of your research and citations will be presented in the notes section of each slide in the presentation.
Your final presentation is due in Unit 8 and you will have the next three units to work together to complete the project.
Once you’re finished, each person in your group must post a copy of the final presentation in the Group Activity Submission area. All file names and content must be identical among group members.
· Presentations will be assessed on both content
· How well the legal, ethical and economic-social issues are addressed
· As well as organization and grammar.
· Your presentation content must look professional and adhere to the standard presentation format.
· Therefore, check all content for grammar, spelling and to ensure that you have properly cited all sources used in the creation of the presentation using APA format.
· In other words, although your notes are cited, the slides are not cited.
· As a group, keep in mind the purpose of a presentation as it applies to an audience.
Balanced presentation of relevant and legitimate information that clearly supports a central purpose or argument and displays evidence of a thoughtful, in depth analysis of a significant topic. – 40%
Organization of Slides and Content
The ideas on the slides are arranged logically to support the purpose or argument. They flow smoothly from one to another and are clearly linked to each other. – 20%
Slide Creativity, Language, Text Size, and Graphics
Presentation shows balanced creativity; images (clipart or photos) are incorporated and correlate to the topic(s). Built-in sounds (if used) do not detract from presentation. Backgrounds AND fonts are uniform in all slides. Slide text contains 80 or fewer words. No spelling errors. – 20%
PowerPoint Presentation File, APA, and Note Section
Three slides contain notes and in-text citations (All three topics). In addition, any additional main-body slides must have notes and in-text cites as well. In-text cites are not on the slides AND must be in the note section. Last slide contains the reference list (overflows in the note section are acceptable). There is one extra slide. – 20%
Key Takeaways from Rubric
· Important to make the presentation flow and follow the content guide above
· Content is the weighted the heaviest, so primary focus should be on that
· Content must be clear, with no grammatical errors and shows a clear central purpose/argument throughout
· Each slide is arranged logically and formatted correctly using APA guidelines
· Each slide should contain at least 1 (one) image that relates to that topic
· Background and font type
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more