Argument Essay Abstract Discussion
Argument Essay Abstract
By Caulfield’s definition, “an argumentative essay (Links to an external site.) expresses an extended argument for a particular thesis statement (Links to an external site.) . The author takes a clearly defined stance on their subject and builds up an evidence-based case for it.” Although these essays seem pretty easy to write, they can be tricky. Once you take a stance, you MUST stick with it. Either you agree or disagree; no in between. As the research writer, you are required to gather sound evidence that supports your claim without straying too far away from the topic at hand. We will deal with gathering external sources later (your readings and quizzes will cover this as well). Now, let’s practice writing!
Below there are several topics to choose from. Choose one topic and argue your stance. Ensure that you are clear on which stance you are taking in your writing. This assignment is not only your discussion for the week but it will serve as a blueprint for upcoming assignments related to your final paper so please put some serious thought and consideration into this. For this assignment, do not use any outside quotations; I want to hear your voice. Therefore, plagiarism will not be tolerated.
Criteria: Write a 7-10 sentence, 1-paragraph response to a topic below.
1. Do you believe that governmental assistance is necessary? If not, state your reason. If so, to what limitation should citizens have access to governmental assistance?
2. Is standardized testing fair? Does it reinforce test anxiety in students and prevent certain students from advancing or is it a true measurement of a student’s academic capability?
3. Do television shows accurately represent current American lifestyles?
4. Should gender roles be defined? As a society, are we defying natural order with implementing new laws regarding gender or are we expressing progression?
5. Has social media directly affected our perspectives on beauty? Has cosmetic surgery become the trendy new “band-aid” we put on insecurities instead of healing and embracing who we are as individuals? This applies to women and men.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more